The new General Data Protection Regulation (known as GDPR), which aims to simplify and harmonize personal data legislation in the European Union, came into effect on May 25, 2018.
Controller and contact
Collection of your personal information
Whenever you provide personal information via the MEDICAL DEVICES VENTURE website, we will inform you of how we use it. In all cases, your information will remain confidential. The type of private personal information we collect depends on your use of the MEDICAL DEVICES VENTURE website.
Cookies are text files, often encrypted, stored in your browser. They are created when a user’s browser loads a given website: the site sends information to the browser, which creates a text file. Each time the user returns to the same site, the browser retrieves this file and sends it to the site’s server.
We use three types of cookies, which have different purposes:
- Technical cookies are used throughout your browsing experience to facilitate and perform certain functions. A technical cookie may be used, for example, to remember the answers you fill out in a form or your preferences regarding language or the layout of the site.
- Web analytics cookies are used throughout your browsing experience to allow us to anonymously track your browsing in aggregate. We use the services of the audience measurement tool Google Analytics. To learn about the rules followed by Google regarding the management of these cookies, we invite you to visit the Google page dedicated to this.
- Advertising cookies may be created not only by our website, but also by other sites that display advertisements, commercials, widgets, or other elements on the displayed page. These cookies are used to provide advertising content, including targeted advertising, i.e. advertising determined according to your navigation.
How we use your personal information (purpose)
Cookies” are used to improve the presentation of our site and our offers, navigation on the site and the return of more relevant information. MEDICAL DEVICES VENTURE will only send you emails if you have chosen to receive them or if they are in response to your questions or to process support requests or to manage your orders. If we wish to use your information for purposes other than those described above, we will not do so without your prior express consent.
Disclosure of your information
The information collected is strictly confidential and personal data is communicated only for the purpose for which it is collected, in accordance with this policy. MEDICAL DEVICES VENTURE will not disclose, sell, distribute, rent, share or transmit your information to third parties other than those who have a contract with MEDICAL DEVICES VENTURE making such transmission necessary. Where applicable, these service providers are subject to the same restrictions and rules of confidentiality and protection of personal data as those set out above. We may be legally required to disclose your personal data to the appropriate authorities in accordance with the applicable legislative framework.
Security of your information
We undertake to take all necessary precautions, organizational and technical measures appropriate to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, including the implementation of means to preserve the security, integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Data and in particular, prevent it from being distorted, damaged or accessed by unauthorized parties.
How to access, correct or update your information
You will always have access to the information you have provided for correction. Deletion: You may request that we delete the personal information provided by sending an email to email@example.com/
Data retention period
The personal data that you entrust to us are kept:
- For a period not exceeding the legal duration of the data necessary for the proper conduct of the commercial relationship (orders, deliveries, billing)
- For a maximum of three years after the last consultation of your account data (customer account or support account)
- As long as you have not requested to unsubscribe for those who have requested to receive our promotional information.
Children and privacy
The safety of the children is very important to us. We ask that children under the age of 18 be accompanied by a guardian or their parents when registering on our website. It is the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of the Internet. In order to limit the extent of personal information collection, we do not ask for age or date of birth of users who create an account.
What else do you need to know about privacy?
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This means making sure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or if you use a computer in a public place such as a library or Internet café.
As an individual, you are responsible for the security and access to your computer. Please be aware that if you voluntarily disclose your personal data on the Internet (e.g. in discussion forums, by e-mail or in chat rooms), this data may be used by third parties. In short, if you leave your information open, you may be invited to receive unsolicited messages.
Exercising your rights
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you have the following rights with respect to the personal data we collect and use as described above
- request access to your personal data;
- ask us to correct or delete them;
- request the limitation of the treatment or treatments you receive;
- oppose the treatment;
- obtain the communication of your personal data in a structured and standard format;
- withdraw your consent at any time, when it constitutes the legal basis for processing, without prejudice to the lawfulness of processing based on your consent and carried out prior to its withdrawal;
- file a complaint with a supervisory authority.
These rights can be exercised at any time and without charge by sending an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Your request must include your full name, client number (if applicable), address and a copy of an identification document (driver’s license, passport, ID card) so that we can identify you and the nature of the request(s) you are making in this context. You will also need to provide the email address to which you would like to receive the response.
Links to third-party websites
Please note that this site may contain links to third party websites and although we select our partners, we cannot fully control the content of their site. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for their privacy practices. We invite you in this context to refer to their own rules generally available on their websites.